Some good news: SOAS is a host university for the Civil Society Leadership Awards! Apply by 15 July 2017 - for entry in October 2018. Development Studies is one of the areas, and this includes VCD.
Full details here: https://www.opensocietyfoundations.org/grants/civil-society-leadership-award-20160708
The Civil Society Leadership Awards (CSLA) provides fully-funded scholarships for master’s degree study to individuals who clearly demonstrate academic and professional excellence and a deep commitment to leading positive social change in their communities.
CSLA grantees will receive financial and administrative support for the following: Pre-academic preparation via summer schools; Program-related travel; Tuition and mandatory university fees; Monthly stipend for room, board, and other living expenses; Accident and sickness insurance during the program; Funds for educational materials and professional development; Attendance at a regional Scholarship Programs conference; and Accommodations during the application process and the duration of the grant for applicants with disabilities.
Interested applicants must meet the following criteria:
· Be a citizen of an eligible country;
· Demonstrate maturity, flexibility and civil society leadership potential;
· Have a bachelor's degree awarded before July 15, 2017 and an excellent academic record;
· Demonstrate professional experience in a relevant area;
· Demonstrate proficiency in the language of instruction (English, German or French) at a level required for admission by host universities;
· Be able to participate in an intensive pre-academic summer school in July or August 2018 and start their degree program in August or September 2018;
· Be able to receive and maintain a visa or study permit as required by the host country; and
· Demonstrate a clear commitment to return to their home country or region to continue supporting open society development.
Awards are available to citizens of the following countries: Afghanistan, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Cambodia, Democratic Republic of Congo, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Laos, Libya, Myanmar/Burma, Republic of Congo, South Sudan, Sudan, Syria, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan
Awards are available for study in the following areas:
Communications, Journalism & Media, Culture, History & Society, Development Studies, Economics, Education Management & Leadership, Environment & Natural Resource Management, Gender Studies, Human Rights, Law (including Human Rights law), Politics & International Studies, Public Health Policy & Health Management, Public Policy & Administration, Social Work & Social Policy
For More Information:
If you have further questions, please first consult the Frequently Asked Questions. If you do not find answers there, you may email us at email@example.com through our website.
Completing an Application
Interested applicants must complete an online or paper CSLA application and submit it along with supporting documentation to be considered for CSLA support.
Applications are due: midnight, July 15th, 2017
All candidates are strongly encouraged to apply online if possible using Submittable, an online platform. To apply online, please register on Submittable and then follow instructions.
Paper applications may be accessed here. Please download the application form in Word before completing or printing, and review the accompanying materials before submitting your application.